Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA, is an application form given to students who cannot afford to go to college. It is a government’s help for middle class students and their parents. Fill out the form and the student will have the chance to select what kind of financial aid best fit for them. If you want to make things easy, you might want to read the instructions below. The steps on applying free FAFSA.
- Income tax return will be needed so before you start your FAFSA application, make sure the document is already prepared.
- Fill out the FAFSA form. It is recommended that you can do it online to avoid making mistakes. But you can obtain hard copy of FAFSA in your school.
- You will get a PIN. This will be your sign if you have done the process online. Do not forget this information.
- Some information will be asked from you including W-2 form or other reports related to money, income tax return, banks statement, business or farm records, date of birth, drivers licenses, Social Security System card, and any record of investment your family have.
- If you are not sure with some information, you can estimate but as much as possible answer correctly.
- The form will let you list down 10 universities that you choose to enrol. List them down.
- Student Report Aid will be mailed to you after a few weeks of passing your FAFSA.
- A review of financial aid letter will also arrive containing the financial aid package each school you have listed on your FAFSA. You can now select the school to go with the possible financial aid they offer.
Do the steps accordingly so your application won’t fail. Paying for college solution is here now.