There are many reasons why we need to deactivate our Hotmail account. You can visit hotmail.com. It might be because we are not using it anymore. It can also be that it has been hacked by someone that deleting it will be the best protection you can do for your other personal and confidential accounts such as credit card or bank accounts. But before you try deleting your account, it might help that you think of few things. All the emails in that account will also be deleted. If it is very important, you can send first the important emails on your new account. You also have to warn the people in your contact that your email address will no longer exist.
Now here are the steps on how to delete your Hotmail account:
- Click the browser you are using and then type the website of Hotmail which is www.hotmail.com. You will be on the Hotmail login page and sign in to your account that you wish to delete using your username and password. You will then be redirected to your mail inbox.
- Proceed to the top right part of the page. Just close to the “Sign Out” link, you will see your username. Just press your username and a dropdown menu will appear in it.
- On the menu select the “View Your Account” on the dropdown. This will navigate you on the page that will enable you to see more other settings and details of your Hotmail account.
- Just scroll down at the bottom of the page where you can see a button saying “Close Account” which is the last option that is available on the page. Just press the “Close Account” if you are ready to close it now. You will be on the page where you can read some of the consequences that will happen once you close your account.
- Just input your password on the page to ensure that you are the owner of the account to be closed. Do not forget to press again “Yes” to complete the process of deletion.
Here are the five steps if you decide to delete your Hotmail account. You can still register for a new one on their website. For those who do not have an account yet, go now to Hotmail sign up page.