In order to send and receive emails, you have to have your own email account. All you need is to go to Google email sign up page. There you can create your own email and you can start communicating to people who you want to reach. But sending and receiving emails requires some proper etiquette so misunderstanding will be avoided. You do not want your recipient to think that you are sending them a spam message right? That is why here in this article you can read some what to do and not to do when sending and receiving a mail.
When Sending An Email:
- Never use CAPS. In internet, it is equivalent to shouting. You do not want them to think you as being a newbie or unprofessional in this kind of tone. Maybe they think that you are angry with them and the receiver might not take it well on you.
- Put on the “Subject” field what your email is all about. Recipient will distinguish your email as important or not through the subject. So, make sure you put the precise subject about your email so they will be interested in reading them.
- Be brief about your message. To be easily understood, make your message short. If you really have a long message divides it into paragraphs so that the one reading will not get bored.
When Receiving An Email:
- After reading a message, you can file them into folders so next time you need it you know where to find it. All you need is to go to that folder then make a small search.
- As much as possible do not print out your email. It might contain an important message that when lost somebody may find and read the message.
- Never forward a message or email without the consent of the sender.
After reading these tips you are now ready to have your own account. Just go and read this blog.